Why do not menstruation begin?
Our body does not always work, as we would like and it depends not only on our attitude towards our health. Many other causes and factors affect our body. And the first problem that worries modern women is why menstruation does not start on time.
If you are faced with a similar problem, do not panic. First you need to make sure that there is no pregnancy, that is, to run to the pharmacy and purchase a pregnancy test. You can immediately visit a specialist who is able to explain the situation in detail. But if you approach this situation from the other side and just learn a little about the work of the female body, then the information obtained will not be superfluous. And perhaps all explained by itself.
For a start, the menstrual cycle, by today's standards, a healthy woman is 21-35 days. But the delay is considered to be more than five days. That is, if there are no monthly periods of 2-3 days, then this is within the normal range. And this happens with almost every healthy woman 1-2 times a year.
The main reasons for the delay of monthly
- Stress. Our life is far from perfect and every year more and more responsibilities fall on a woman’s shoulders. The woman today is not only the mother and keeper of the hearth, but also a successful business lady. Lack of sleep, constant fatigue, nervous excitement contribute to the failure of the menstrual cycle.
- Lack or excess weight. Excess body fat as well as their deficiency affect the normal functioning of the female body. Adipose tissue is involved in the regulation of hormonal levels.
- Physical exercise. Not uncommon in athletes and women engaged in physical labor (heavy) are constant monthly delays.
- Diseases of the sexual sphere. In a series of many circumstances over the past few decades, every second woman has a female genital disease. The most common diseases are: inflammation in the uterus, appendages, ovarian dysfunction, adnexitis, endometritis.
- Diseases of the internal organs. Improper functioning of the adrenal glands, the thyroid gland, and diabetes mellitus are causes of hormonal failure and, accordingly, menstrual failure.
- The so-called emergency contraception.Why do not menstruation begin in this case? Emergency contraception causes a big blow to the hormonal background and in most cases, delayed menstruation as a result.
- Medications. Long-term use of drugs such as diuretics, anti-TB drugs, antipsychotics, corticosteroids and anabolic hormones, and a number of others can cause a delay.
- Abrupt climate change. Change of latitude, even a short, excessive exposure to the sun, a visit to the tanning bed can cause violations in such a fragile female body.
- Discontinuation of contraceptive use. As you know, contraceptives affect the hormones and with long-term use, everything is normal, but you should give up the drugs, as the body will have to adjust a different rhythm of work.
This is how you can answer the question: why do not menstruation begin, except for the fact of pregnancy. But there are several reasons that contribute to the delay of menstruation. These reasons include heredity, which can not be discounted. If the mother or even her grandmothers periodically had monthly delays, there is a high probability that this will be passed on to the next generation.
Abortions and miscarriages
Termination of pregnancy, whether intentional or not, the body abruptly begins to rebuild. In addition, the process of abortion is accompanied by injuries of the mucous membranes of the genital organs, respectively, the body can not react to such actions in any way. Here begins, say, the process of "survival", recovery, and monthly flow into the background. If your body has been exposed to these effects, be prepared for the failure of the menstrual cycle.
The reasons for the delay of the month can be menopause, and after 40 years the extinction of the reproductive function is inevitable. It is worth only accepting and enjoying the new stage of life. Chronic intoxication, that is, drugs, alcohol, smoking, harmful production - all this has a negative impact on the female body, as well as on the body as a whole.