What are some suggestions?
A sentence is a unit of speech, which is a combination of related words that has a certain meaning and intonation. At the end of the sentence can be a dot, exclamation point or question mark, ellipsis. Let's consider what offers are, based on different classifications.
By the purpose of the statement
Here are some suggestions for the purpose of saying:
- Narrative. Report on the processes and phenomena. Their purpose is to convey to the interlocutor certain information. Example: "This will require a considerable amount, but I think the costs will pay off."
- Interrogative. Formulate a question in order to get certain information from the interlocutor. Example: "What is there to understand?".
- Motivating. Serve to induce certain actions. They express orders, requirements. Example: "Look what he gave me a few years ago!"
Let us turn to the following characteristics of the proposals. Now we will define what sentences on intonation happen.
- Exclamation pointsThey are accompanied by a special enhanced emotionality, a word expressing a certain emotion, is highlighted by an increase in tone. Example: "Just because of all this, my head is spinning!".
- Non-exclamatory. Do not carry a special emotional coloring. Example: "People, for their misfortune, poorly understand each other."
Complex and simple sentences
- A simple sentence is a syntactic unit, in which there is only one syntactic connection between the subject and the predicate. Example: "He came." in a simple sentence - one grammatical basis.
- Complicated sentences are a few simple sentences that are united by a common meaning or with the help of alliances. Example: "Coppers are, and the search and the silver money is found." In a complex sentence - two or more grammatical bases.
Two-part and one-part sentences
In turn, simple sentences are divided into:
- Two-part. Simple sentences with two main members: subject and predicate. Example: "The sun is shining."
- One-part. Simple sentences with only one main member: subject or predicate. For example: "It got dark".
Types of mononuclear sentences
Consider what are one-part sentences in the Russian language:
- Indefinitely personal. Examples: "I was invited to visit"; "They did everything right."
- Generally-personal. Examples: “You will not find luck in this land”; "If you go to the right, you lose the horse."
- Impersonal Examples: "Evening"; "He's not feeling well."
- Definitely personal. Examples: "I lie and read"; "Looks at it and thinks."
- Infinitive. Example: “Forward! We can not retreat!
- Call. Examples: "Love."; "War."; "Hope."; "Moment.".
- Incomplete sentences. They lack one or more major or minor members, but the context clearly indicates them. Example: “Did you know? Whom? Her".
Consider what are the proposals from the category of complex.
- Compound sentences are composed of simple independent sentences with the help of alliances, which are called composing: but, yes, or, or, and, but, however. There are also complex writing unions: either ... this, or ... either, or this ... or that. Example: "The wind carried the clouds, and the moon appeared"; "That daughter looks out the window, then the son will look at the clock."
- Complex sentences consist of simple sentences, and one of the parts of such a sentence is grammatically dependent on the other.The parts link allied words and subordinate prepositions: where, to, what, where, why, which, whose. By subordinate unions are: instead, despite the fact that. The union word or subordinate union is always present only in the subordinate clause. Example: "I know they are colleagues"; "She does not want us to be late."
- Unionless offers. Their parts are non-union sentences, usually independent, but they do not always have equal semantic rights, there are no allied words and unions in such sentences. Examples: "It was raining, drops dropping on the roof"; "I heard a knock, opened the door."
Common and undistributed
Depending on the presence in the proposals of minor members, there are:
- Unclassified sentences. There are no minor members of the proposal. Example: "Summer is over."
- Common sentences. In the proposal there are secondary members. Example: "This summer has passed unnoticed."
Now you know what types of sentences are in Russian, and you will never confuse them again.