How to fry champignons?
A variety of types of pizza, salads, side dishes for meat and fish, soups and even hot sandwiches - you can find champignon in all these dishes. It can be considered one of the most recognizable and common mushrooms in the world. These mushrooms can be bought at almost any store. Champignons are easy to prepare, and in some dishes they are used raw.
How to cook these mushrooms, you can learn in the article How to cook mushrooms. We will deal with another question - how to fry them.
First of all, mushrooms must be purchased. It is rather easy to choose champignons - they should be white and elastic, they should not have any traces of rot and it is better if there are no traces of mechanical damage. For the rest, rely on your own taste - take large or small mushrooms. The main thing to remember is that champignons spoil pretty quickly, so it’s best not to take a lot so that they don’t lie in the fridge for nothing.
Many will be interested - whether you need to somehow clean the mushrooms. You can read more about this in the article How to Clean Mushrooms.But if in short - it is enough just to rinse the mushrooms so that there are no particles of earth and dirt on them. If you do not like any part of the fungus, cut it off.
Frying champignons is also a controversial issue. In the article How much to fry champignons you can find more detailed information on this issue. We consider the process of cooking mushrooms on the example of a simple and tasty dish.
Recipe: Chicken Fillet with Mushrooms in Sour Cream Sauce
- 300 grams of fresh champignons;
- 300 gr. Chicken fillet;
- 200 gr sour cream;
- Olive or vegetable oil;
- Salt, pepper, onion - at your discretion.
In addition, you can use classic soy sauce. It will give the dish more spice.
- Before cooking, champignons must be washed in cold water. It is best to take small mushrooms, as they can not be cut beforehand, which helps to preserve their unique aroma and taste. If the mushrooms are large - cut them into plates.
- Rinse the chicken fillet and cut into small cubes, so the meat will be roasted faster.
- First you need to fry the fillet. It is better to use olive oil, as it gives the whole dish a delicate olive flavor. Unrefined sunflower oil can interrupt the original flavor of the dish.
- Fry the meat until golden brown, then add the mushrooms and fry for 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms do not let the juice. Add spices to taste, then pour the meat and mushrooms with sour cream. Stir and cover the pan, leave the dish on medium heat for no more than five minutes. You can add soy sauce to taste. It must be poured either while frying the fillet, or immediately after sour cream. No more than two tablespoons, as the dish may be too salty.
Important note: spices need to be added only when the mushrooms have started to let the juice. Cooking mushrooms is not necessary before cooking this dish.