Diamond embroidery: the composition of the sets, the method of execution of works. The history of the appearance of this type of needlework
Diamond embroidery is a novelty in modern needlework. Even for the most sophisticated masters this is something new and unknown.
Despite the fact that embroidery has a long history of development, this type of work is not comparable with anything according to the method of implementation.
Diamond embroidery is a combination of centuries-old techniques of ordinary handicraft with modern technologies. Even in the last century, such a work would be quite surprising, because the highlight is the absence of needles and threads.
This type of work received its name because of its jeweler's precision and concentration. This type of embroidery can not be compared with any other in its uniqueness.
The mosaic appeared in the 5th century BC, and the Chinese masters transformed this type of art by providing modern needlewomen with a new type of art.
Composition of sets
Diamond embroidery requires a set for creativity, which includes:
- Fabric for the basics. It is a dense rubberized material, on the front side of which is applied a pattern and a layer of glue, covered with a protective film.
- Photo of the finished work and instructions. The manual contains a description of the work and indicates the symbols on the diagram.
- Crystals or "diamonds", arranged in bags, according to the shape and colors.
- Special metal tweezers for working with crystals.
- Containers for crystals. They are needed for convenience.
- Bundles with clasps for storing crystals.
Technique of work
As a rule, ready-made kits are sold for work, as it is very difficult to choose everything by yourself.
If your choice fell on this type of creativity, like diamond embroidery (sets can be purchased in shops for needlewomen), then it’s enough to stock up on only free time, attention and the desire to create your own work of art.
For work it is necessary:
- Prepare the workplace, the optimal is the usual free table with natural light.Since the work of jewelry, eyes are subjected to great tension and quickly get tired.
- Then put all the crystals out of the bags into special small containers and sign their numbers, this will greatly facilitate the work in the future.
- During the beginning of work, you need to peel off the protective layer not from the whole web, but only from the place where the work is planned.
- Choose those containers with crystals that are necessary for the scheme. Glue them to the right places with a light, gentle push with tweezers.
- Depending on the amount of work, it can be done in several passes until the picture is completed.
- The finished picture can be framed with glass, adding to the mat. You can arrange the panel, gluing the finished work on a thin plywood or thick cardboard. It's a matter of taste.
Types of schemes for work
Diamond embroidery is of two types:
- In black and white color - with two types of crystals. In this case, the crystals in this set are the same shape.
- Multi-colored schemes in which up to several dozens of colors can be combined. In them there are crystals of different shapes.
The crystals, in turn, can be square, with different numbers of faces, and round.
Square have 9 or 13 faces, which can be diagonal and transverse. Thanks to this, the finished picture shimmers in the light, playing with colors.
Round crystals have the same shape and give the finished work brightness and brilliance, as if accumulating and reflecting light.
Diamond mosaic embroidery is a very interesting and relatively new type of needlework. He will appeal to both experienced craftswomen and beginners in this business.
The main thing is to be patient and have an overwhelming desire to create a real masterpiece with your own hands.
But then in full it will be possible to enjoy the beautiful picture, made by hand.