Delay of menstruation: the reason is unknown - a reason to think
The normal duration of the menstrual cycle is from three to five weeks, and an average of 28 days. This period is the time from the first day of one month to the first day of the next. Even if the deviation in the timing is only a few days - this can be perceived as a problem. When there is a delay in menstruation, the cause should be immediately identified. To do this, use such methods of examination as ultrasound, collecting tests from a gynecologist, checking hormonal background, MRI and histological examination.
Why is this happening?
Delay of menstruation is the cause of a woman’s poor health, because it is caused by changes in the body. They can be both of natural origin, as well as a consequence of the disease and disruption of the work of individual organs and systems.
Natural changes in the health status of women occur in the process:
- pregnancy, usually accompanied by nausea, change in eating habits, mood swings and breast tenderness.It is possible to determine whether the girl is in a position or not by making a test, an ultrasound scan, or by visiting a gynecologist;
- breastfeeding, continue throughout the period and stop only with the complete abandonment of breastfeeding;
- ripening, can last up to two years from the beginning of the first menstruation;
- pre-climax state, lasts individually, dragging on for longer periods of time up to the complete cessation of menstruation, on average, after 45 years.
Serious reason to think
Pathology is delayed menstruation. Its causes in this case lie in painful conditions, and the most diverse:
- gynecological diseases;
- endocrine system diseases;
- climate change;
- stressful situations, neurosis;
- some hereditary diseases;
- kidney disease;
- cold and colds.
Delayed menstruation: the reason is clear, what's next?
The consequences may be the most serious, such as infertility, cancer, fibroids. Typically, this phenomenon occurs due to endometriosis, adnexitis, polycystic disease, thrush, etc. Also, often, when there is a delay in menstruation, the reason lies in the violation of thyroid function. In addition to the gynecologist, the endocrinologist should also be examined for hormones and diabetes.But do not immediately panic, because there are times when the arising delay in menstruation is purely prosaic. This may be the usual flu, acute gastritis, sunburn and overheating, violation of the position of the spiral in the uterus, previous abortion, refusal of contraceptives, taking diuretic pills, excessive exercise, weight loss below normal, climate change, alcohol in large quantities, taking drugs, smoking and stress.
The treatment of such a "disease" is reduced to the elimination of the cause that caused it. It is not worthwhile to engage in self-medication and taking medicines that the doctor has not prescribed, and you cannot put up an intrauterine device without finding out the reasons for such changes.