out of 5 possible based on vote
Infertile marriage is observed in about 12% of married couples. The couple is considered sterile if the pregnancy (without contraception) did not occur within 1 year of sexual activity.
Primary infertility - couples who have never before conceived
- Secondary infertility - conception occurred in the past, but now the pregnancy does not begin. Multiple etiology
- Most couples find more than one reason.
- On the part of men, more than 30% (see Male Infertility)
- From the woman’s side - within 60% (see Female Infertility)
- Immunological causes - 5%
- Other factors (psychogenic, malnutrition, metabolic) - 5%.
Diagnosis is considered in Infertility Male and Female Infertility.
- Simultaneous inspection and consultation of both partners
- Search and correction of the causes of lack of fertility
- Constant outpatient monitoring with an emphasis on emotional support of partners
- Donor fertilization with persistent sperm anomalies. Diet. Full nutrition.Drug therapy - see Infertility of a woman.
Current and forecast
- In half of marriage couples, pregnancy occurs in the second year of sexual activity without the use of contraceptives.
- If the couple is barren for 4 years or more (if the condition of competent medical research is met), the prognosis is poor.