Asteno-neurotic syndrome: causes, symptoms and treatment methods
How does it come about?
Astheno-neurotic syndrome is a fairly common disease, which is accompanied by a mass of disorders of the nervous system. In particular, sick people suffer from constant weakness and increased fatigue. Often this condition is called chronic fatigue syndrome. In the absence of treatment, the disease leads to a gradual exhaustion, and sometimes to the appearance of mental disorders.
Astheno-neurotic syndrome. We begin treatment by examining the causes.
In fact, there are dozens of factors under the influence of which such a violation is developing. Here are just the most common ones:
- Even minor head injuries can lead to this condition.
- In addition, the risk group includes people who have recently had an infectious disease or inflammation of the central nervous system, including meningitis, encephalitis.
- The asteno-neurotic syndrome develops against the background of toxic substances poisoning, including alcohol, nicotine and narcotic drugs.
- The cause may be chronic liver and kidney disease.
- Quite often, a monotonous diet, which contains insufficient amounts of vitamins, minerals and nutrients, leads to the development of chronic fatigue.
- The disease can be the result of metabolic disorders in the brain tissue.
- And, of course, the disturbance may appear as a result of constant overstrain of the nervous system, caused by intense mental work, constant stress, etc.
- In children, a similar disease can develop against the background of hypoxia (oxygen starvation).
- Heredity is also important.
Asteno-neurotic syndrome and its development stages
In modern medicine, it is customary to distinguish three main stages of the disease:
- At the initial stage, patients consider themselves to be completely healthy, but at the same time they become extremely irritable and easily excitable.
- The second stage is characterized by the appearance of constant fatigue, which does not disappear even after sleep and rest.
- The third stage is accompanied by very obvious symptoms - the person becomes depressed, there is constant drowsiness and apathy.
Asthenic-neurotic syndrome: Symptoms
In fact, such a violation affects the work of the whole organism and may be accompanied by various symptoms.
- In most cases, the main manifestations of the disease are fatigue, constant weakness.
- Along with this, there is increased irritability, excitability, or, conversely, inhibition.
- Children with a similar syndrome are prone to frequent tantrums.
- Asteno-neurotic syndrome is accompanied by frequent mood swings, sleep disorders, problems with appetite.
- In some cases, there is tachycardia, some patients complain of acute chest pain, headaches, frequent dizziness, fainting, feeling of lack of air.
- In more severe cases, various phobias may develop, such as fear of the crowd or open spaces.
Asthenic-neuroticatsy syndrome. Treatment
Of course, successful therapy involves finding the cause and eliminating it. In addition, patients are often prescribed sedatives, antidepressants, nootropic drugs.Be sure to take and vitamin-mineral complexes, which compensate for the deficiency of nutrients. And, of course, it is necessary to create a balanced diet, more often to walk in the fresh air, not to give up physical exertion, to regulate the mode of work and rest.